Job Description Administrative Assistant Position
Join us in our mission to “Take the Stress out of Taxes” by providing expert tax assistance to our clients. Tax season is a huge source of stress for our clients. It is our job to put them at ease throughout the tax process. At the front desk, you will be the first point of contact for them.
- Have excellent client service skills
- Demonstrate cooperative client and coworker interaction
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and prioritize tasks despite multiple interruptions.
- Microsoft Office, tax software and social media.
- Bookkeeping and Quick Books experience is a bonus.
- Pleasantly answer the phones and email
- Efficiently take and deliver client messages
- Set and retrieve files in preparation for appointments
- File in alphabetical order in various places
- Handle all payments types and properly document receipts
- E-file tax returns only when completed
- Scan and assemble returns to the standards for each entity type
- Other miscellaneous office services
This is a seasonal job with room for advancement. It is perfect for an individual wanting to go into Tax Preparation or Accounting and enjoys office administration.
While we like to enjoy your regular attendance on the site, we also know that you have private demands on your time. We offer the flexibility to do both (within reason).
We use a team approach working cooperatively to ensure efficient office operations are accomplished.
We can guarantee that you will learn at least one new thing each day and no two days are alike.
Job Description – Licensed Tax Preparer & Licensed Tax Consultant
Join us in our mission to “Take the Stress out of Taxes” by providing expert tax guidance to our clients; this includes helping clients complete and submit their taxes. We are hiring Licensed Tax Preparers and Licensed Tax Consultants. You will bring confidence, tax expertise and personal experiences to client relationships that will empower and educate them.
Our team of tax experts is growing and we will review your experience and consider your skill set for all open opportunities on our team.
- This position is a seasonal “client facing” position providing tax advice and tax return preparation
- Correspond with clients who are gathering their tax return information with tax advice from start to finish
- Convey empathy, understanding and friendliness as you professionally interact with clients
- Utilize and leverage government websites, professional resources and team approach to seek out and deliver correct answers for clients
- Apply company policies, procedures and tax rules to troubleshoot and resolve tax issues
- Data Entry and Documentation
- Must possess current Oregon licensing: LTP (Licensed Tax Preparer), LTC (Licensed Tax Consultant) or CPA (Certified Public Account) with tax preparation experience and extensive knowledge of federal and state tax laws
- Recent experience preparing federal and state tax returns using tax software
- Audit experience is a plus – IRS and state tax authorities
- Proficient with technology, solid knowledge of computer operations, software and office machines
- Quick Books, Microsoft Excel, Word, Tax Software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking, problem solving and determination
- Bilingual English/Spanish written and verbal communication skills, a plus
Resumes: AccounTax of Oregon, Inc.
8050 SW Pfaffle St. Suite 110, Tigard, OR 97223